Friday, August 15, 2008

Perfectly Average

Kensley had her two-year checkup at the doctor's today. She weighs 27 lbs and is 34 inches tall. She is exactly in the 50th percentile for height and weight. That is pretty much where she has been her entire life. She had to get a shot, like always, and wasn't happy about it. They decided to draw some blood as well and that was the most traumatic for her. A shot is really quick, but this time I had to sit her on my lap and hold her legs and body while a nurse held her arm straight and another stuck a needle in her arm to draw some blood and then fill a vial with it. They wanted to do a hemoglobin and lead test since she has never had one before. Now that we are home, she kept looking at her arm and remembering what happened so I finally took the bandage off so she could move on and hopefully forget. She keeps coming up to me for a hug and then saying "all better!". Thankfully, she is now at the point in her life that she is down to yearly visits and we won't have to do it again until next year. They suggested she get a flu shot in October, but we will have to see...

4 comments:

sanpinney said...

So sad. But I really do believe in flu shots. Two years ago I made everyone get one, and none of us got the flu that year. Last year, only I got one, and everyone in my family got the flu, except for me. Maybe a coincidence, but I don't think so.

Logan & Lindy said...

I hate doing check ups when they have shots! Kinda funny that the person above likes flu shots our family hates them! Logan gets them free from the hosptial so we got them. We all were sicker then a dog for over a week. We hate them!!! I know alot of people that get really sick from them! But every one is so different!!!

Keith, Nydia and Presly said...

Thanks! It's a whole new scene here. Presly just had her check-up, too, and she's 50% for weight but for height she's 75%...still tall. Well, hopefully we see each other at La Pointe soon! :)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I hate having to restrain your little one and watching as someone/something causes them pain.
I feel for you and her.
We had to hold Camryn down 2 weeks ago as she got 5 shots at her 4 month : ( so sad.
She was fussy & had a fever the whole next day. ugh.