Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh The Joy of Motherhood!

I had to go to the post office today to once again mail the mother's day cards to my mom and Stephen's mom due to insufficient postage. Ugh! As if that wasn't annoying enough. Stephen is at school so it was my privilege of taking the two kids with me. I decided it would be easier just to carry Pyper in instead of carrying a car seat or lugging a stroller. We get to the front of the line and walk up to the witty postal worker and he says "We can't take that if isn't packaged." Ha! Ha! He had a good laugh over his cleverness and then we proceeded to conduct our business. I go to pay and Pyper decided that is a good time to throw up right down the front of my shirt! Yuck! Not to mention slightly embarassing. The witty postal worker says "See, that is why we can't take them when they aren't packaged!" Fun times!
Not to leave Kensley out of the story...the other day I was laying on the bean bag next to her and she says "Mom, I love your armpits!" Huh?! I ask her to repeat herself, which she does, and then I ask her why she loves my armpits. Her response, "Because they are so nice!" Why, thank you, Kensley, I like them too!

1 comment:

taylorfamily said...

Oh I am sorry about the post office, that is hard. That is so funny about the armpits, kids are so funny. Happy Mother's Day!! I hope things are going well.