Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of School

Kensley's in Kindergarten!  We started the day out with chocolate chip pancakes and whip cream with strawberries and blueberries and sausage.  I don't know what the deal is with the funny facial expressions...
Soon after breakfast, we were off to school!

Kensley was very excited about her new Dora backpack.  She was a little disappointed that we couldn't find a "sparkly" backpack, though.  To solve the problem, we purchased glitter pens and she went to town decorating the night before school.  She was very proud!

The first day of school went pretty smoothly and she had a great time.  Last night she got nervous and was crying about how she was going to miss us and that she was going to be gone every day!  She felt better this morning and when we dropped her off the teacher practically shut the door in our face and said they were starting their day!  I guess it is like ripping off a band-aid or something, getting it over with.  After school didn't go as smoothly.  There was a mix-up for some reason about the way Kensley was getting home.  Kensley didn't want to ride the bus so I told her I would pick her up.  At the last minute practically, Kensley changed teachers and the teacher didn't know the plan.  She asked the office and they told her to send Kensley home on the Purple bus.  Here I am sitting in my car looking for Kensley, but no Kensley!  So, I get Pyper out and start walking to the classroom when her teacher comes out and she tells me Kensley went home on the bus!  So I need to hurry up so I don't miss her at her bus stop.  So, I quickly drive to the bus stop and sit and wait and wait for it to show up with Kensley.  Another mom ask if we are waiting for the bus and said it broke down and they kids are at the school waiting for their parents!    So, me and another mom pile into our cars and drive back to the school.  By the way, I am really hot and cranky by now!  So, we went into the office and asked where the kids are.  They tell us that they put the kids back on another bus and they are headed to their bus stop.  I am ticked at this point.  Another lady tells us to hold on while she calls since the kids are in Kindergarten and didn't want us to keep going back and forth because if we aren't at the bus stop they will probably send them back to the school anyway.  So, she starts asking us the kids names and what bus stop they are on.  It is at this point, that I discover that Kensley is on the wrong bus anyway!  They put her on the purple bus when our bus stop is the blue bus!  Holy cow!  So, I am then informed that she is already being sent back to the school.  Dude!  So, I FINALLY got Kensley when the bus showed up at the school and the lady in the office asked what I would be doing tomorrow....ummm....I will be picking her up, thank you very much!

3 comments:

sanpinney said...

That's terrible. You didn't have to pay for the bus service did you??

Jennie said...

Sorry about the bus...she looks great though :) Hope today is better for her!

Tiffany Matthews said...

That is part of the reason why I didn't do the bus when we lived there. It took them twice as long to get home on the bus when I could just drive and get ry at school. Since there are a couple of you I would think about a carpool or somthing that and some of the big kids are not very nice to the little kids. I am glad that you found her what a not fun 1st after school trip for any of you. Hope she still wanted to go back for her 2nd day.