Sunday, November 27, 2011

Temple Lights


I think it was Stephen's brilliant idea to go see the temple lights and maybe catch a concert while my mom was here.  Not his best idea yet.  The temple lights are beautiful and all, but not so much fun with an almost two-year old.  Pyper was awful!  I really should have packed her in a stroller, but I only have a giant one and it is a pain to use as well.  She was running all over the place, the temple was EXTREMELY crowded, and she only wanted to be where she wasn't supposed to be.  She would duck under the rope lights to try and get at the nativity scenes on the lawn.  Then, we had the brilliant idea, to walk through the nativity display in the visitors center that has all the nativities from all over the world.  A neat display, yes, but not with a toddler!  At one point, she escaped Stephen's grasp and ducked under the rope and grabbed one of the fragile nativities and knocked another piece on the floor!  I was horrified and couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Thankfully, nothing was broken.  Stephen wanted to hear the singing and I wanted no part of it.  We finally started thinking about going home, but not before Pyper ran onto the front lawn and grabbed the "Do not step on the grass" sign and ripped it out and threw it to the ground!
This picture about sums it all up for me...
I told Stephen that he is welcome to go back to the temple another night to listen to a concert with Kensley, but me and Pyper will not be participating!

No comments: