Friday, January 2, 2009

Throw Up Part Two

Me and Kensley made the drive back to Arizona from Las Vegas arriving around 7PM last night. Everything was going pretty well, she slept the last 2 1/2 hrs of the trip and seemed happy enough. When we got home, I decided to do laundry and washed all our sheets since I didn't get it done before we left on the trip. I made all the beds, gave Kensley a bath and then got her ready for bed. I was anticipating putting her to bed would be difficult since we have been on vacation, but she went down surprisingly well. She gave me a hug and a kiss and said good night and I closed the door and went downstairs. Not two minutes later she is crying hysterically. I go upstairs to see what the problem is and to try and calm her down. She is acting scared or something so I have her lay down again and while I am talking to her, she suddenly gets THE LOOK. I grabbed her as fast as I could and tried to fling her out of the bed, but I wasn't fast enough. She barfed all over and it was really gross. Needless to say, I had to wash the sheets I had just washed a second time! I am so tired of cleaning up throw up! The first item of business today was to go to Wal-Mart and buy a steam cleaner! I decided it was a wise investment.

3 comments:

sanpinney said...

Maybe they have motion sickness medicine for kids. Worth a try, I would say.

Teresa said...

We used to have this problem with our oldest. They do sell kids Dramamine, but then she was all cranky and drowsy. The steam cleaner is a must have! Our bathrooms here in IL are carpeted too. Gross!

Jennie said...

I use my steam cleaner all the time. The stomach flew with three kids makes me appreciate it a lot!