Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Poor Baby

Kensley loves having her daddy home, but doesn't like to let him take care of her instead of me. Whenever he tries to do something for her she says, "No Daddy! I want Mommy!" and she is very adamant about it. I have been trying to leave for a little bit every day so that she can get used to being with him and know that I will always come back because in less than two weeks I am leaving them alone together for four days! Everytime she realized I am gone, she becomes hysterical and then sobs until I come home again. I had a Primary meeting tonight at 7PM and left her with Stephen. I got home a couple hours later to a quiet house and no Kensley. I was shocked thinking Stephen actually put her to bed without me, but this wasn't the case. When I left for the meeting, I put her on the couch with her blankie and a couple stuffed animals and she watching "Go Diego Go!" and she was, of course, crying. Stephen said that a little while after I left she stopped crying, but was still doing the hiccuping thing and then said "I am going to bed" and she took her blanket and bear and got in her bed. Stephen followed her up to her bed and she said to him "shut the door" and then said to him "you, downstairs!". :o( I feel so bad for her putting her own self to bed while she was still so sad. He checked on her 15 minutes later and she was already sound asleep. Poor little thing.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Robert said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .)