Friday, January 22, 2010

Our Life

Our life has pretty much revolved around doctor's appointments these days it seems. Yesterday I had another doctor appointment...I have had one every single week since Pyper was born. My blood pressure was down again, it was up last week, so the good news is I get to take my bp medicine once a day now instead of twice. I will be so thankful when all this is behind me. The medicine makes me feel terrible. I was also told that getting pregnant again right now is not a good idea...as if I needed someone to tell me that!!! Anyway, we also had another doctor appointment for Pyper yesterday as well. She was a whopping 6 lbs 12 oz!!! Two weeks ago she was 5lbs 12 oz! She is also 6 weeks old today. She is such a big girl. :o) Not really, but she is getting bigger all the same. We were told we should keep her away from people for another month or so to be safe. We were denied the RSV shot by insurance, she had one in the hospital, but you need them every month during RSV season. So, she won't be getting another one as they are $1000 per shot! Holy moly! We just have to be very careful so she doesn't get sick.
We have been pummeled by rain the last couple days and because we are so lucky, our power went out last night around 5PM and is still out this afternoon. I have a freezer full of breast milk and I will be super upset if it goes bad!!! Right now it is still frozen. We had a slumber party last night in my room and dined on chips and salsa by candlelight. Every few minutes Kensley asks me to watch something on TV or for some hot chocolate. Try explaining to a 3-year old why I can't produce those things! I guess I could try and make her some luke warm hot chocolate. :o) Stephen started up school full-time this week again so we are home without a car. Not that I would try and go anywhere with my baby alone and with out parking lot a lake, literally.
Now I am just waiting for the battery in this computer to die before I move on to the next thing. Most likely cleaning. Bleh!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Is your power turned back on yet? You poor thing! You have such an optimisitc personality, such an example. Thank you for being you!

Keith, Nydia and Presly said...

Holy cow! What a trooper you are! Hope everything goes back to 'normal' SOON!!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I was so proud for you when you sent the text saying she had gained weight! Wahoo!
Your little girl is the weight of a newborn! :) hehe
At least YOU are down to 1 shot a day [even though it makes you FEEL crappy, I've not noticed with how great you hide it!]
Hope you're still doing ok with 2 kids. There a routine yet? :)