Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hail Storm and Then Some

Arizona got some weather action today! It was all very exciting. I needed to make a quick trip to the grocery store this afternoon and I told Stephen it would probably start raining the second I left. Sure enough! I walked out the door, saw lightning, and the rain started to fall. No big deal, I can take a little rain! Before I even got out of my complex it had started to hail and by the time I was a block away it was raining like crazy and I could only see about 10ft in front of me. I was trying to doubt my good sense when it started to rain even harder. Trees started falling, trash cans were in the middle of the road along with all kinds of debris and I had zero visibility. I was talking to Stephen and he told me not to pull over, but I couldn't see anything! I pulled into a gas station to get off the road to wait it out. During this time, the power went out again at our house. (It went out yesterday for a couple hours after a rainstorm). On my way home from the grocery store, Stephen called to say Kensley's school called for us to come pick her up. The school was out of power and the kids had got caught in the rain and were soaking wet. So, I just kept driving and picker her up. The classroom was like a sauna and the poor kids all looked like a bunch of drowned rats. Kensley was cold and not very happy. The teacher said she was fine at first, but I guess the fun aspect wore off!


Here is some of the aftermath around our complex.
After watching the news tonight, I realize we got off easy. There were power lines down everywhere, trees on top of cars, and heavy damage to cars.

3 comments:

taylorfamily said...

Holy cow, that is crazy!!!

Jana said...

That storm was SO loud and crazy! I didn't realize there were so many trees down just around our complex! Jeff said they're everywhere, but I didn't realize he meant everywhere in HERE. (Since I'm kind of confined to my house I've just been relying on the news to tell me these things...)
I was just glad our power never went out for more than 2 hours at a time!

Fowl Ideas said...

You certainly did get some weather.

Drop by and guess my future weight...or remind me that I'm a weirdo or something.

Sincerely,

The Whale