Monday, April 28, 2008

Beetles and Ford's


Before me and Stephen were married, I spent a lot of time pining over the new Volkswagen Beetles. I wanted one so bad and everyday at work I would look through the newspaper to find all the Beetles for sale and for how much. I was so obsessed that everyone at work knew about it and teased me constantly. I saved and got out of debt for over a year. I even told Stephen that I wouldn't marry him until I got one! Finally, the day arrived for me to purchase my very own green beetle and I couldn't have been happier. I drove the beloved Beetle for about 5 years and then had to make the difficult decision to sell it when I became pregnant with Kensley. I posted it on Craig's List and had a buyer within 3 hours! It went so fast, I didn't even have time to say goodbye. It was a sad, sad day made worse when we bought the boring family car, the Ford Taurus.
There was nothing wrong with the Taurus, it suited our purposes and drove fine. It was just boring. Stephen has always wanted an SUV, but I wasn't ready for one yet. Mostly because I was so used to driving such a fun and small car and also because I had never found an SUV that I could get really excited about. Until last week...I was driving to Wal-Mart when I spotted the ONE. I immediately called Stephen and told him about it. I wasn't planning on buying a car and I didn't expect him to jump on the idea so quickly and eagerly. He immediately got on the Internet and researched all of them for sale in the Valley, found the cheapest one and we headed out to the dealership with certain expectations that had to be met in order for us to be willing to buy it. Within an hour, we had traded in the Taurus and we are now the proud owners of an ORANGE 2007 Ford Escape! Yeah us! :o) I love the color and it is so fun. We have been waiting for buyers remorse to set in, but still nothing.

2 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

I LOVE IT!!!! That is so awesome! That is NOT a boring car. How fun!!! I love it!!!

Robert said...

Buyers remorse... I am over here laughing out loud like a dork.
That's a fun story.