Monday, February 23, 2009

The Case of the Missing Sippy Cup...

Kensley has her own little table and chairs in our living room where she spends a lot of time drawing and playing with puzzles and sometimes even eating her meals. On Saturday afternoon, I gave her lunch on her table, pizza rolls and milk. I then left the room to do something else. Later on, I cleaned up her meal and noticed her sippy cup was nowhere in sight. I asked Kensley where it was, but received no assistance. Go figure. I then searched my house all over looking for it, knowing it is filled with milk and needs to be refrigerated or dumped out at some point. I couldn't find it anywhere! I think I searched the entire house at least 3 times! I looked under beds, under couches, under cushions, under tables....even in the trash can and the toy box! No luck. I finally gave up, but it had been in the back of my mind for two days, driving me nuts knowing milk was somewhere in my house curdling. So, today (monday) we get up, eat breakfast and get ready for Kensley's "Messy me and Mommy Too" class and on the way to the car I decided to take out the trash first. I had a glass of orange juice in my hand and couldn't hold it at the same time as the trash, so I set it on the wall. Normally, I would have walked straight to my car from the trash can, but had to walk back towards my house to get the orange juice on the wall which took me by this outside window...


I am now feeling like a total moron and don't get me started on the uckiness of the milk in the sippy cup! Case closed.

3 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Ha ha ha ha that's funny. Looking everywhere but the window.. go figure. :)
Was it horrible when you opened it? I know I wanna dry heave when I open a bottle of Camryn's that's been sitting for only a couple hours with leftovers in it. Bleh. Yuck.

Robert said...

that's too funny... a better question is though, why there?

Lorna said...

that is great! We have lost MANY a thing behind the blinds! Love all your pictures!