Friday, June 24, 2011

Poor Baby

So, my mornings are a little busy and it takes a while for me to get my shower. I wake up, feed the kids breakfast, make Stephen a lunch to take to school, do some kind of excercise and then get a shower around 11am. Don't be too impressed that I have been excercising almost every day because I have been doing it for about a month and a half and haven't lost any weight to date. I keep plugging along, though, hoping to see some results soon. I am getting pretty frustrated. But, I digress. This morning I got in the shower around my usual time with Pyper and Kensley downstairs watching Pippi Longstocking. As I am stepping in the shower, I hear Pyper banging on the bathroom door and yelling at me. The bathroom is a dangerous place for her so the door is ALWAYS closed if she is awake whether someone is in it or not. So, I ignored her and took my shower. It didn't take long for the shrieking to subside. When I was done I opened the door to see where Pyper was and this is what I found....
In case you are wondering why there are blankets and pillows all over the floor, I will tell you. This morning Kensley woke me up at 6:30 am. This is absolutely unheard of in this family. We are usually all up around 8am, sometimes a little earlier or later, but that is the average. I asked her what she was doing and she says "Mom! I didn't get enough sleep last night!" So I told her to go back to bed! And she did....or so I thought. It took me a while to fall back asleep, but I guess I did because the next thing I knew it was 8:41am! Holy cow we slept in! So, I went into the girls room to get Pyper and Kensley was laying on the floor. I asked her why and she said because she threw up in her bed! Apparently, when she woke me up earlier this morning it was soon after she threw up and changed her pajamas and then came in my room. She forgot to mention the throw up! So, we stripped her bed to wash sheets and the blankets were still on the floor.
We left for Las Vegas later this afternoon and I was trying to keep Pyper awake so she would sleep in the car and she fell asleep at 11:15 the little stinker. So, she cried most of the way to Vegas.
Before we left, Kensley drew us a map to Las Vegas so we would know the way. On the drive here, she would occasionally consult her map and tell me which direction I should go next!

No comments: