Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter BBQ

Me and Stephen and the kids went to a bbq this afternoon with some old friends from our single ward days.  It was a lot of fun to catch up and visit and let the kids play.  I made these little Easter basket treats for the event.
They are made from chocolate cookies cooked in a muffin tin.  Then frosted with frosting dyed green and coconut also dyed green.  Then the jelly beans.  Simple and cute.  I also had some strawberries in my fridge so decided to make the chocolate covered strawberries I saw on Pinterest that made them look like carrots.  It sort of worked.

The lumpy looking ones I made with almond bark.  Didn't really work.  So, I dug in my cupboards and found white chocolate that I melted and that was way better.  They look like carrots, right?  They tasted good, anyway.

No comments: