Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter

I have to be honest, I have been really irritated with how much Easter is becoming just like Christmas.  What is the deal with all the presents?!  Easter basket with eggs and candy...I thought that was it.  So, I bought small baskets from the $1 store and put a small amount of candy in it.  I added a little ping pong paddle toy for .97 cents and by accident I came across Strawberry Shortcake movies for $3.99.  My kids have been obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake so I decided why not?  I bought their Easter dresses almost a year ago.  I got them on clearance at Kohl's the day after Easter and also had a 30% off coupon.  They have been hanging in my closet ever since.  As a side note, I bought Pyper's dress for next year yesterday at Kohl's for a little over $6, original price $56!
For Easter breakfast we had Eggs Golden Rod, a new tradition we started a couple years ago to use all the hard boiled eggs.

Pyper spent the morning lounging on the couch enjoying her spoils.

Then we headed to church in their new outfits!



For dinner we had ham with plum sauce, yummy carrots and cheesy potatoes with Martinelli's to wash it down.  No pictures. :o(

No comments: