Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Seriously Naughty!


Last night I went grocery shopping shortly after putting the kids to bed for the night.  When I got home, it was close to 10PM and I asked Stephen if Pyper ever got out of bed.  He said that she got up several times, but it had been about 20 minutes since he had heard anything from her.  Hoping she was asleep, I went into the kitchen to unload my groceries.  I saw this shadow on the bottom stair:

Tonight, Pyper was being her usual stinker self and refusing to stay in bed.  I am not really sure what we are going to do with this girl!  I put her back in bed 3 or 4 times and eventually stopped hearing any noises coming from her.  Stephen came home and I asked him if she was asleep in the kitchen.  He said he didn't see her.  A little later, I went and checked on the stairs and didn't see her so I assumed she had gone back to bed.  Eventually, I went upstairs to check on her and she wasn't in her bed!  So, I checked my bed and she wasn't there, either!  Then, I checked the stairs and kitchen again in case I had missed her and no Pyper!  I told Stephen I couldn't find her and he said, "Really?!"  Yes, really!  So he joined in the search and said to check our bedroom closet.  No Pyper!  We looked in the bathrooms, under beds, under the kitchen table, but no Pyper.  Our house is pretty small and there aren't really many places for her to hide, but we couldn't find her anywhere.  While Stephen was still looking in all the same places again upstairs, I went downstairs for another look and FINALLY found her in the pantry!  I am not sure why she would rather sleep on the pantry floor instead of her own bed!
Yes, I am aware that my pantry needs some organization.

2 comments:

sanpinney said...

So cute, she probably wants to be close to you but knows if she gets caught, you'll put her back to bed.

Mrs Linton said...

So cute, really. She wants to be near her momma :-) you can't get a better compliment, can you?