Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It all Started with Frosting...

I made cupcakes for Activity Days today and Kensley was eating one tonight after dinner.  She was begging me for another cupcake when I noticed she had some frosting on her chin.  I told her she had frosting on her chin and then continued to read my book.  Next thing I know, there is a loud crashing noise and I look up to see that it is Kensley crashing to the floor along with a decoration on the wall and a desk and Pyper's dinner.
So, here is the story.  After I told Kensley there was frosting on her chin, she wanted to see if this was true by looking in a mirror.  In her infinite wisdom, she decided this mirror on the wall would be the best bet.
It is no longer on the wall, but it was when she decided to look into it.  Since it was too high for her to see into, she decided to use this desk for height.
Yes, she decided to stand on the table.  Of course, the thing flipped over and everything came crashing down.  The mirror, the table, Kensley, and noodle soup!  She was screaming hysterically and as I was trying to untangle her from the desk and see the damage, the first thing she said in the midst of sobs was, "I don't want to go to the hospital!"   She was trying not to let me see where she was hurt for that very reason!  She kept telling me it wasn't that bad all the while her body was shaking.  She then told me she was cold.  Yeah, right, you are totally fine!
She is now laying on the couch, bundled in blankets, and watching a Barbie movie.  I am trying to get soup out of the carpet.

No comments: