Saturday, October 11, 2008

Home At Last!

We finally arrived home this past Monday night after a long, long 12-hour drive. Kensley did well considering. I couldn't sleep the night before, so I finally just got up around 4AM since I was awake anyway and I figured that would give me more time driving with Kensley asleep. She fell right back asleep when I put her in the car and didn't wake up for almost 4 hours which was very nice. She was a trooper and we are both happy to be home. Our biggest trial right now is getting back into our routine and bedtime has been especially difficult. Kensley got used to sleeping with me this past month and still wants to so she cries every night when I put her to bed. I have been insistent that she sleep in her own bed. I have been hesitant to just let her cry because the night before we came home she wouldn't go to sleep and I finally just let her cry and she did what is becoming a habit with us--she puked all over the bed, her bunny and pajamas. It was really discusting and I have had enough puke stories this past month to last me a lifetime! Every night when I put her to bed, I have to say prayers, kiss and hug her a million times, sing her a couple songs, giver her the bunny and a sippy cup of water. This is how she finally fell asleep last night.



This is the Moses basket that Kensley used to sleep in when she was first born. She found it and thought it was pretty funny to stuff herself in it.

No comments: