Monday, November 3, 2008

Naughty Girl

I was checking my email today when I realized that Kensley was out of my sight and being very quiet. A definite red flag. So, I called out "Kensley, what are you doing?" She immediately ran back into the room and I asked her again what she was doing and her reply was "being naughty girl". At least she is honest, right? Upon further investigation, I discovered that she had dumped some laundry detergent on the carpet. I immediately hauled out the vaccuum to clean it up and she freaked out, of course. She is deathly afraid of the vaccuum and I have been trying to explain to her that if she makes a mess then I have to use the vaccuum more often. So far, she doesn't really get the point. She ran upstairs to the bedroom and shut the door until I was finished. All day I have been hearing her say words like "vaccuum" and "make a mess". One of these days she will get the connection.
On another note, Kensley has also been throwing up on a regular basis lately and a common phrase out of my mouth whenever she makes any kind of noise that gets my attention is "Don't throw up!" So, she walks around the house all day and everytime she has a little cough or any other such noise, she looks at me all serious and says "don't throw up". She hasn't thrown up since Friday night and I am hoping it will be a lot longer before she does again. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

sanpinney said...

I can't stop laughing!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

ha ha ha I can picture her walking around and stopping, very seriously looking at you with wide eyes and saying, 'don't throw up." How funny!
I'm sorry, it's probably NOT funny to you. You are the fabulous one that gets to clean it up! [if it's not made into the toilet or a bowl].