Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Emergency Pit-Stop

My mom recently returned home from her mission in Nauvoo, so I am taking a last-minute trip to Utah for her homecoming and to spend some time with her. After furiously packing and getting ready all day yesterday, we headed off this afternoon for the 12-hour trek. Kensley started getting fussy because she was sick of being in her car seat so I gave her a little bowl of dark chocolate peanut m&m's. They worked like magic and she was happy and content for several minutes. Next thing I know, she has thrown up all over herself and the carseat. I had to drive like that for another 15 minutes because we were in the middle of nowhere with no place to stop. I am paranoid about pulling over on the side of the road. She was sad and miserable until I pulled out the camera and then she was all smiles.

I used almost an entire package of baby wipes getting her and the car seat clean. It was a very discusting process with throw up in every nook and cranny imaginable. Now there is a faint dark chocolate m&m throw up aroma in my car. Yuck!

2 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Yuck!!! Poor girl! Wait poor GIRLS! You had to clean the mess up! Hope you have a great trip!!!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

EW! I'm sorry that happened.. never fun not even in the middle of nowhere! I don't know how you did it. I would've gagged and eventually puked myself ugh.
Sorry about the smell.. pretty much as bad as spilled milk after MONTHS :P bleh.
Hope the trip is going well and that you both got there safe! Can't wait to see pictures!

ps if you plan to go to Utah soon, maybe we could carpool so it's not so lonely. Jordan's family is up there and it'd be fun to get away from the heat!