Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sensing a Trend?

The young women in my mom's ward called her the other day to say they are washing windows for a service project and wanted to come clean all her outside windows tonight. So, me and my mom think it would be nice for us to make them some chocolate chip cookies for their efforts. I made them earlier in the afternoon, so we were of course snacking on these cookies all day long. I was somehow able to get Kensley to eat a decent lunch and dinner, but in between all these meals she was eating cookies like crazy. I was thinking she had had enough, but I was also thinking that it wasn't very nice for me to deprive her of these little pieces of heaven when I myself was feasting on them at every opportunity. The young women finally arrived and washed windows and left with a plateful of cookies, leaving us with still plenty to eat. Things were winding down for the night and I finally decided that Kensley had had enough. She was yelling "cookie, cookie" all day long, but I told her they were all gone. She then started demanding chips. I said no again and then offered her a piece of string cheese which seemed to pacify her. We settled on the couch with Kensley on my lap eating her cheese and drinking milk from her sippy cup. We were watching the season premiere of The Biggest Loser and there was only 5 minutes left. She suddenly gets a funny look on her face and starts crying. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, but she was obviously in distress. So I turn her towards me to give her a hug and she starts throwing up all over me. It was all in my hair, down my back, creeping down my shorts, and all over the couch. It was quite possibly the most discusting experience of my life. It scared her and she started crying, but I couldn't do much to help her as I was now covered in puke. I drug her off to the bathroom where I stripped and jumped in the shower with her still crying in the bathroom next to me. I had considered putting her in the shower with me, but she is deathly afraid of showers. As I quickly rinsed off, she resumes her puking all over the bathroom floor. I grabbed her as fast as I could to try and get most of it in the toilet, but failed miserably. It was spattered all over the floor, all over the toilet, and some even got on the wall! I put her in the tub and all our clothes in the washer and my saintly mother cleaned up all the throw up. The end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.

sanpinney said...

THERESA! I think she's allergic to chocolate! Ryan was when he was little, and he ALWAYS threw up after eating chocolate cake.

Robert said...

So I'm reading this, starting to crave some cookies then I get to the main plot... very gross, but somehow, strangely funny, maybe because it wasn't my kid... maybe Sandi is right, she might be allergic to chocolate, poor kid, either that or just too much for one day!

Lorna said...

thank goodness no pictures this time!!!!!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

I was just thinking, "didn't Theresa just have a post about Kensley throwing up?" Poor baby girl. Maybe Sandi's right, maybe it's the chocolate. If that's the case.... poor, poor girl. She'll miss out on the good stuff!

Hope she's feeling better soon. And you get to stay clean and dry for more than a week. ;)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Oooo I'm so sorry.
I can't do a darn thing when someone pukes around me. I have a hard time not gagging myself :P