Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies

I have made this recipe several times in the past and they always turn out so yummy. I have decided that it is a perfect candidate for food storage because it doesn't call for eggs. So, I went and bought several bags of rolos and sealed them in jars so that I will have this great addition to my food storage menu. Her is the recipe, if you are interested:
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups Original Bisquick mix (I have used Krusteaz brand and they turned out just as good)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
About 36 milk chocolate-covered caramel candies (rolos)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, stir milk and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in Bisquick mix, 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla. (I threw everything in my beautiful orange kitchenaid and it worked great).
2. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll tops in 1/3 cup sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls, sugar sides up, 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press chocolate candy.

And this is what you get!


I especially love these cookies when they are completely cooled, usually I like cookies warm out of the oven. But these are wonderfully chewy and delicious and no raw eggs so feel free to taste test as much batter as you think you need!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! I am always looking for a good cookie to try out :)