Thursday, March 12, 2009

Funny Girl

Kensley has been doing and saying some funny things lately that I wanted to document so I never forget them, especially when she becomes a rotten teenager.

One day I was cleaning the kitchen and she had gone upstairs for something. When she was on her way downstairs and saw the kitchen she exclaimed "Look how clean it is!" I am not sure if this means she is used to seeing it dirty, but I thought it was funny and very supportive.

Kensley has a Disney matching card game that she likes to play with. Her favorite cards are the ones with the Beast on it from Beauty and the Beast. She was searching for the Beast and was getting stressed because she couldn't find it and said "Where are my two monsters, mommy?" I found them for her and said "Here they are" to which she replied, "Oh thank you, mommy! That's awesome!"

She was playing with my resistance bands one day and couldn't figure out how to use them so finally exasperated and defeated she says, "Mommy, I give up!"

For some reason, Kensley has started calling all her stuffed animals and dolls "her boys". I have no idea why. She likes to put them to bed in her bed, tuck them in and turn the lights off and shut the door and then walk around the house saying "Shhhh....my boys are sleeping" over and over. One day after she had put them to bed, I went in the room to get dressed and turned the light on and she yelled at me "Why did you do that!" She was so upset that I woke up her boys from their nap!

My favorite thing she has started doing....she comes up to me and says "Theresa, we are best friends". (yes she says Theresa) and then she will say it in sign language and then give me a big hug. She usually repeats this 4 or 5 times in a row.

2 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Oh that is so cute! Its so funny how all the sudden they just start saying the funniest things. Brooklyn has been saying some cute thing! I get 2 sunday papers the tribune is delievered for free to me and I use coupons.com alot to. So I pretty much just collect them from all over! Its soo fun! I love it! At Wal-Greens I got a ton of free Shampoo,hair, Spray gel. I LOVE IT! Logan is liking all the Snacks we have in the house! =0) I can see this being kinda Dangerous

sanpinney said...

My favorite is the best friends comment. How sweet is that.