Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Long and Productive Day

It all started when my sister, Bobbi, and her husband and daughter arrived at my house last night sometime after midnight last night. We stayed up until after 2 am talking and visiting, finally went to bed and stayed awake until after 3 am. I rolled out of bed sometime after 9am when Kensley woke up and lounged around until everyone else woke up and then made a 10-grain pancake breakfast from my food storage. :o) We finally got ourselves cleaned up for the day and headed out for a major coupon frenzy at Fry's with Bobbi and Jonnae in tow. I was very excited to have them help me so that I didn't have to make 12 trips by myself since they were having a 4 for $4 sale and only allowed one transaction. This isn't sissy stuff and would you just like to take a peak at our spoils??!!.....
You are looking at 10 boxes of Captain Crunch, 2 boxes of Cinnamon Life, 9 boxes of Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal, 1 box of granola bars, 14 boxes of Oatmeal to go Bars, and 8 boxes of oatmeal....I don't know the exact total because there are many receipts and too tired to scrounge them up and count it all up, but it was all for about $20 total. That is also including a gallon of milk not pictured. I can tell you that the first 12 items cost us a grand total of $3 and was a 94% savings! Yeah us! After the shopping spree, we headed back to my house for lunch and some regrouping. After lunch, which included my sister Lois and her family, Lois took all the kids to her house and me, Bobbi, and Aaron stayed behind to can my 150 lbs of dry milk and 25 lbs of carrots. I was so grateful to have their help because last time I canned I did it all by myself and seriously almost died.
As you can see, we weren't so good at getting the milk in the cans! I am so glad to have all of that done. My house is now covered in a film of dry milk and I have been sneezing all day, but it is done! When we finally finsihed, we headed to Lois's house for dinner and American Idol. I am finally home and Kensley is finally in bed and I am ready for bed!

3 comments:

sanpinney said...

Sooo jealous!! Will you check the ads for the week I will be at your house, so I can get some serious deals too? I just can't find them like you do!

MerriLynn said...

I am so impressed with your food storage. We would die in a week if there was a disaster.

Robert said...

you guys crack me up... where there is food there an owens will be also