Monday, March 9, 2009

Seriously....Enough is Enough!

Since Kensley has been an infant, I don't even know when it really started, she has had a total fetish with my hair and always has to have her hands in it day or night. Every night she crawls into bed with me and immediately cuddles up and sticks her hands in my hair and starts "kneading" it for lack of a better word. It seriously DRIVES ME CRAZY! It would be super nice to sleep not having a child attached to me. If only that is where it stopped...she gets so mad at me whenever I put my hair up in anyway that would deter her from sticking her hands in my hair. She will be on the other side of the room, happily playing and she will see me put my hair up from the corner of her eye and then will immediately run over and start pulling it out. She can't stand it and either can I! Sometimes it would be nice just to get my hair out of my face and tonight I seriously was done with this nonsense. I tied my hair up in a knot and she completely freaked out and kept demanding me to take my hair out. I calmly explained to her that it was my hair and I am keeping it up and she needs to deal with it. Yeah right! This is the result:

I listened to the crying for a good 30 minutes and she would keep trying to get me to take my hair out and then would bust out in a fresh set of tears. She even almost threw up once! Seriously! Get over it already! I know, I know...mean mom.

1 comment:

Keith, Nydia and Presly said...

Presly does things like that too. Not exactly like Kensley playing with your hair but like when I'm anywhere just standing she'll be holding on to my leg and steping on my feet to hang on to me! It drives me nuts sometimes...I don't think it's being mean, it's just being human!